Following their return to the Champions League after a six-year absence, Arsenal are set to face Ange Postecoglou’s Tottenham Hotspur at the Emirates Stadium in a crucial showdown on Sunday.
Both teams enter this fixture with identical records of 13 points from five league matches, maintaining unbeaten runs. This marks only the third instance in league history where both North London clubs enter the match with unbeaten records, with the last occurrence dating back to 1990.
Here SportsBuffer brings you key details on – team news, how to watch it on TV, live stream info, and predicted line-ups from Arsenal vs. Tottenham Hotspur.
Last season, Arsenal secured a league double over Tottenham, marking the first time they achieved this feat since 2013/14. Those six points played a crucial role in Arsenal’s second-place finish and also marked the first time they finished above Tottenham in the league since 2015/16.
In the current season, Arsenal remain unbeaten after four games. They started with wins against Nottingham Forest and Crystal Palace, followed by a draw against Fulham. The Gunners then clinched victories against Manchester United and Everton.
Tottenham, under new manager Ange Postecoglou, currently occupy second place in the Premier League standings, surpassing expectations. They secured a vital 2-1 win against Sheffield United recently and aim for a similar outcome in this match.
Under Postecoglou’s leadership, Tottenham has achieved their best start in Premier League history and their highest points tally after five games since 1965. The additions of James Maddison and Brennan Johnson have revitalized their attack, while Son Heung-Min has taken up the captain’s role following Hugo Lloris’s departure. Notably, Tottenham have scored at least twice in all five of their Premier League games under Postecoglou so far.
ARSENAL VS. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR MATCH DETAILS
Date:24th September 2023
Venue: Emirates Stadium
Kick-off time: 2pm BST
Referee: Robert Jones
Assistants: Lee Betts, Wade Smith
Fourth Official: Michael Salisbury
VAR: Paul Tierney
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard
ARSENAL VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR PREDICTED LINE UP
Arsenal predicted line up: Raya; White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko; Rice, Odegaard, Vieira; Saka, Jesus, Trossard.
Tottenham Hotspur predicted line up: Vicario; Porro, Romero, Van de Ven, Udogie; Sarr, Bissouma; Son, Maddison, Kulusevski; Richarlison
HOW TO WATCH ARSENAL VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR ON TV
In the UK, the north London derby will be shown live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League.
Fans in the United States can watch on NBC and Peacock Premium.
ARSENAL VS. TOTTENHAM MATCH STATS AND HEAD-TO-HEAD
- Both Arsenal and Tottenham have found the net in all their Premier League matches this season.
- Bukayo Saka has been a key player, contributing to 18 goals in his last 18 Premier League home appearances for Arsenal.
- Arsenal have won four of their last five games against Tottenham.
- Arsenal’s manager, Mikel Arteta boasts a perfect home league record against Tottenham, having won all three encounters.
- Arsenal have opened the scoring in three of their past five meetings with Tottenham.
- This North London derby marks the 194th in history, with Arsenal leading the overall head-to-head record (81-51-61). In recent memory, Arsenal have had the upper hand, winning both league meetings against Spurs last season and aiming to secure a third consecutive league victory over their rivals for the first time in over 30 years (last achieved with five consecutive wins between 1987-89).
- Furthermore, the match being held at the Emirates Stadium favors Arsenal, as Tottenham have only won once in their last 30 Premier League away games against Arsenal (D11 L18). They have been winless in their last 12 visits (D4 L8) since a 3-2 victory in November 2010.
ARSENAL VS. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR TEAM NEWS
Arsenal are without Thomas Partey, Jurrien Timber, and Mohamed Elneny due to injury, and Gabriel Martinelli’s availability hinges on a late fitness test.
Tottenham will be missing Ivan Perisic for an extended period (5/6 months) along with Rodrigo Bentancur, Giovani Lo Celso, Ryan Sessegnon, Bryan Gil, and Alfie Whiteman, all due to injuries.
ARSENAL VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR PREDICTION
Arsenal enter this fixture with confidence following their impressive 4-0 victory over PSV Eindhoven in the Champions League, marking their return to the competition. They displayed their potency against a high-pressing team, which aligns with Ange Postecoglou’s style of play.
However, it’s essential to acknowledge that Tottenham boasts a higher caliber of players compared to PSV, and they’ve had a full week to prepare. As a result, Arsenal may face a significant challenge in keeping a clean sheet against this formidable Spurs side. The match promises to be a closely contested encounter.
Sports Buffer prediction: Arsenal 3:1 Tottenham